Community Outreach projects are important opportunities to reach out to lost people in our area in a way that demonstrates the gospel by touching a group of people our church has not reached before.
Outreach ministries might include: food pantry, clothing closet, community Bible study, jail/prison ministry, pregnancy care, after-school program, literacy ministry, job skill training, substance abuse recovery, medical/dental care, homeless shelter/transitional housing, resort/leisure ministry, etc.
Community Outreach Ministries Enable us to:
- Be the hands and feet of Jesus (Matthew 25:34-40).
- Serve as agents of spiritual transformation and social justice (Isaiah 58:6-12).
- Show God’s love to everyone (Luke 14:12-14).
- Communicate genuine compassion and Christ-like servanthood (John 13:12-17).
- Share resources with those in need (Acts 2:42-47).
Benefits of Starting New Outreach Ministries:
- Identifies Prospects.
- Creates Opportunities for Sharing the Gospel.
- Connects our church with our Community as we Serve.
- Reaches Out to the Not Yet Reached.
- Helps our church Communicate the Gospel in Word and Deed.
- Renews and Refreshes the Church family.